Are you tired of ..........?xml:namespace>
· Feeling like no one is fighting for working people?
· Ceos taking all our money?
· Corporations shipping our jobs out of the country?
· Companies escaping THEIR tax burden?
· Having no health care?
· Health care costs killing you?
· Making an economic decision to not utilize your Health Care?
· Having no retirement?
· Big business getting so big it seems to control everything?
· Gas prices with record profits for oil companies?
· Your hard work being exploited by a company?
· The banks exploiting the average hard working American?
· Being afraid to ask for a raise?
· The cost of living rising faster than your wages?
· Being laid off?
· Being over qualified for your job because you can't find a better paying one?
· Living pay check to pay check?
· Working in fear?
Friday, June 3, 2011
How many US Workers are UNEMPLOYED because of this??
That is some huge ship - and 31 knots. Wal-Mart & China will be the death of The North American Manufacturing Companies.
This is how Wal-Mart gets all its stuff from China:
15,000 containers and a 207' beam! And look at the crew-size for a ship
Longer than a US aircraft carrier which has a complement of 5,000 men and
Think it's big enough? Notice that 207' beam means it was NOT designed for
The Panama or Suez Canal . It is strictly transpacific. Check out the
Cruise speed: 31 knots means the goods arrive 4 days before the typical
Container ship (18-20 knots) on a China-to-California run. So this
Behemoth is hugely competitive carrying perishable goods.
This ship was built in three, or perhaps as many as five sections. The
Sections floated together and then were welded. The ship is named
Emma Maersk. The command bridge is higher than a 10-story building
And has 11 crane rigs that can operate simultaneously.
A recent documentary in late March, 2010 on the History Channel noted that all of these containers are shipped back to China - empty! Yep, that's right. We send nothing back on these ships. What does that tell you about the current financial state of this country? Just keep buying those imported goods (mostly gadgets) until you run out of money.
Then you may wonder what the cause of unemployment (maybe even your job) in the U.S. and Canada might be.
Country of origin - Denmark
Length - 1,302 ft
Width - 207 ft
Net cargo - 123,200 tons
Engine - 14 in-line cylinders diesel engine (110,000 BHP) Cruise Speed - 31
Knots, Cargo capacity - 15,000 TEU (1 TEU = 20 ft3 container)
Crew - 13 people First Trip - Sept. 08, 2006 Construction cost - US
Silicone painting applied to the ship bottom reduces water resistance and
Saves 317,000 gallons of diesel per year