Are you tired of ..........?xml:namespace>
· Feeling like no one is fighting for working people?
· Ceos taking all our money?
· Corporations shipping our jobs out of the country?
· Companies escaping THEIR tax burden?
· Having no health care?
· Health care costs killing you?
· Making an economic decision to not utilize your Health Care?
· Having no retirement?
· Big business getting so big it seems to control everything?
· Gas prices with record profits for oil companies?
· Your hard work being exploited by a company?
· The banks exploiting the average hard working American?
· Being afraid to ask for a raise?
· The cost of living rising faster than your wages?
· Being laid off?
· Being over qualified for your job because you can't find a better paying one?
· Living pay check to pay check?
· Working in fear?
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Walker Shouted Down at Gateway Technical College 7/12/11
But Walker met with an angry response from the assembled students, teachers, and graduates of the college. Over half the attendees jeered at Walker, drowning out his speech. Others turned their backs or simply walked away as he spoke.
It took a consideerable amount of gall for Walker to give a speech commemorating the one hundred year anniversary of the oldest technical college in the country. Walker's budget slashed state funding for technical schools all around the state, and he pushed through radical measures to cut the legs out from teachers and instructors.
"It's insulting to all fo the students, staff and businesses who depend on technical colleges to have someone who just slashed our funding by 30 percent," said Michael Rosen, a state board member with the Wisconsin Technical College System. "He can't be seriously attending, this celebration," he said.
Less than four months from today, United Wisconsin will begin circulating petitions to initiate a recall of Gov. Walker.