Are you tired of ..........?xml:namespace>
· Feeling like no one is fighting for working people?
· Ceos taking all our money?
· Corporations shipping our jobs out of the country?
· Companies escaping THEIR tax burden?
· Having no health care?
· Health care costs killing you?
· Making an economic decision to not utilize your Health Care?
· Having no retirement?
· Big business getting so big it seems to control everything?
· Gas prices with record profits for oil companies?
· Your hard work being exploited by a company?
· The banks exploiting the average hard working American?
· Being afraid to ask for a raise?
· The cost of living rising faster than your wages?
· Being laid off?
· Being over qualified for your job because you can't find a better paying one?
· Living pay check to pay check?
· Working in fear?
Friday, August 19, 2011
Unemployed Constituents Stage Sit-in And Demonstration At Congressman Paul Ryan’s Kenosha, WI Office
Shannon Molina is from Kenosha, Wisconsin and she is one of Congressman Ryan’s constituents. Shannon has always been an administrative assistant. After almost 10 years with the same company, Shannon was laid off. After 18 months of unemployment, Shannon found a part-time job and after eight months was laid off again.
When asked what she thought about the reports that Congressman Ryan will be charging constituents $15 to gain admission to his town hall meetings and possibly ask the Congressman a question, Shannon said, “I personally think that’s absolutely ridiculous he doesn’t want to face his constituents. He made it very clear that I’ve seen that he wants to talk to small. He wants to talk to big donors. He wants to talk to the people that will line his pockets. And the people that actually have real crises going on right now, the people like me that can’t put food on their table, he doesn’t want to talk to us.”
When asked what she thought of a rumored Presidential run by Congressman Ryan, Shannon said, “I think that’s pretty funny. “
We asked Shannon whether she thought Ryan’s attempts to privatize Medicare, Social Security and Medicaid would come back to haunt him, Shannon said, “Definitely. 100%. There’s a lot of struggling people out there right now, a lot of people that are depending on the social programs that he wants to cut. He has this idea that because cuts to Medicare, cuts to Social Security doesn’t affect the people 55 and older that they don’t care about the younger generations, they don’t care about their children, they don’t care about their grandkids, their friends, their neighbors, those people’s kids and grandkids. He’s definitely lost touch with his constituents and he has absolutely no idea what kind of destruction he’s going to cause to a lot of families and a lot of households if he doesn’t start listening to the people.
Shannon was one of Ryan’s constituents that planned to take part in a sit-in in Congressman Ryan’s office and she doesn’t plan to leave until Congressman Ryan agrees to meet with her.