Are you tired of ..........?xml:namespace>
· Feeling like no one is fighting for working people?
· Ceos taking all our money?
· Corporations shipping our jobs out of the country?
· Companies escaping THEIR tax burden?
· Having no health care?
· Health care costs killing you?
· Making an economic decision to not utilize your Health Care?
· Having no retirement?
· Big business getting so big it seems to control everything?
· Gas prices with record profits for oil companies?
· Your hard work being exploited by a company?
· The banks exploiting the average hard working American?
· Being afraid to ask for a raise?
· The cost of living rising faster than your wages?
· Being laid off?
· Being over qualified for your job because you can't find a better paying one?
· Living pay check to pay check?
· Working in fear?
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Create A Crisis For The Super Rich
History has shown that the only way you can get corporations to change their behavior is to create a crisis for them says SEIU Internationalapos;s Stephen Lerner. The self-described "friendly neighborhood union organizer" has some first hand experience creating crisis for corporations. He succesfully led the "Justice for Janitors" campaign and helped workers, many of them undocumented workers, organize a union. Lerner talks about how the same technique can be used to fight back and change the behavior of the nationapos;s super-rich, who have used their outsized influence to shape our government to their benefit and to the detriment of the poor and shrinking middle class.