Are you tired of ..........?xml:namespace>
· Feeling like no one is fighting for working people?
· Ceos taking all our money?
· Corporations shipping our jobs out of the country?
· Companies escaping THEIR tax burden?
· Having no health care?
· Health care costs killing you?
· Making an economic decision to not utilize your Health Care?
· Having no retirement?
· Big business getting so big it seems to control everything?
· Gas prices with record profits for oil companies?
· Your hard work being exploited by a company?
· The banks exploiting the average hard working American?
· Being afraid to ask for a raise?
· The cost of living rising faster than your wages?
· Being laid off?
· Being over qualified for your job because you can't find a better paying one?
· Living pay check to pay check?
· Working in fear?
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Google millionaire asks Obama “Would you please raise my taxes?”
Edwards said he was unemployed by choice after the success of his small start-up – a search engine. Turns out Edwards is the former Director of Consumer Marketing and brand management at Google.
In response, Obama took a cue from Elizabeth Warren: “So often the tax debate gets framed as ‘class warfare’ and look…as I said at the outset, America’s success is premised on individuals, entrepreneurs having a great idea, going out there and pursuing their dreams and making a whole lot of money in the process. And that’s great, that’s part of what makes America so successful. But as you just pointed out, we’re successful because somebody invested in our education, somebody built schools, somebody created incredible universities… We benefited from somebody somewhere making an investment in us, and I don’t care who you are, that’s true of all of us.”
If you agree with Doug Edwards and Warren Buffett that it’s time to ask millionaires to pay their fair share, click here to sign our petition.