Are you tired of ..........?xml:namespace>
· Feeling like no one is fighting for working people?
· Ceos taking all our money?
· Corporations shipping our jobs out of the country?
· Companies escaping THEIR tax burden?
· Having no health care?
· Health care costs killing you?
· Making an economic decision to not utilize your Health Care?
· Having no retirement?
· Big business getting so big it seems to control everything?
· Gas prices with record profits for oil companies?
· Your hard work being exploited by a company?
· The banks exploiting the average hard working American?
· Being afraid to ask for a raise?
· The cost of living rising faster than your wages?
· Being laid off?
· Being over qualified for your job because you can't find a better paying one?
· Living pay check to pay check?
· Working in fear?
Thursday, November 3, 2011
Occupy protesters shut down Port of Oakland
Police estimated that a crowd of about 3,000 had gathered at the Port of Oakland by early evening. Some had marched from the California city's downtown, while others had been bused to the port.
Port spokesman Isaac Kos-Read said maritime operations had effectively been shut down. Interim Oakland police chief Howard Jordan warned that protesters who went inside the port's gates would be committing a federal offense.